This crowd-pleasing Swedish meatball recipe will bring you back to your childhood years! It’s an all-time favorite that is easy to make ahead, freeze, and reheat later. Make these breadless meatballs for a dinner party, potluck, or for your kids. Our easy Swedish meatball recipe is gluten-free and packed with flavor.
Core Plan approved
Advanced Plan approved
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic egg yolk
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ large onion, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Mix all ingredients (except for broth) and shape into 1″ balls. Fry in batches in a non-toxic skillet until almost cooked through.
- After all the batches are browned, transfer all the meatballs back into the skillet.
- Add 1 cup (or more if desired) organic chicken broth. Finish cooking and serve warm.
- To freeze your Swedish meatballs, line a large Ziplock bag with parchment paper and place meatballs inside.
- To reheat, let thaw slightly and transfer to a skillet to reheat. You can add additional organic stock if it is not “saucy” enough or to keep the meatballs from drying out.